Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Metal Underrated metalcore band

S0G

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Dump your most underrated and/or unknown metalcore band.

I'll give my favorite one out : Set Things Right
Though they have putted the band to rest in 2018 they remain very present when I go back to metalcore every once in a while.
Favorite track of theirs is Dear Erica

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Dump your most underrated and/or unknown metalcore band.

I'll give my favorite one out : Set Things Right
Though they have putted the band to rest in 2018 they remain very present when I go back to metalcore every once in a while.
Favorite track of theirs is Dear Erica
good find there man. going to listen to more of their works when i get the chance to

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

one band I HIGHLY recommend listening to is Loathe. i found out about them while going through my spotify recommendations and ive been hooked ever since.

and by far, my most favorite song is their collaboration with Teenage Wrist for their most popular song Is It Really You?

S0G

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

That's pretty heavy, I like that !

one band I HIGHLY recommend listening to is Loathe. i found out about them while going through my spotify recommendations and ive been hooked ever since.

and by far, my most favorite song is their collaboration with Teenage Wrist for their most popular song Is It Really You?

A sad cartoon sounds a bit like a mix of The Deftones and Basement but with a very unique melodic touch to it.
For New Faces In The Dark it's well heavy, it's definitely way more of a blast
Is It Really You ? Is way closer to The Deftones , I feel also a small touch of Everlong by Foo Fighter @ 3:13

Overall, great submissions guys ! Definitely a plus to my library. Many thanks !

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

didn't expect to see another loathe enjoyer

S0G

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Just realised, how the hell have I not posted Alex Jones Prison Planet here yet?

I did not knew that existed and it totally makes sense that someone would turn Alex's speeches into heavy musical pieces like this. Incredible !

Loathe turned out to be a very good discovery that now has a spot in my playlists.

I just discovered this band which is pretty cool

S0G

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What the fuck is a metalcore??? Is it music that sounds metal or metal music in general
Metalcore is a sub-genre of the genre metal. However, this thread has evolved into generalized metal I believe, which is somewhat better.

cat

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

metalcore was my entry-way into metal

parkway drive is a well-known metalcore band, however this song of theirs is pretty underrated

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

what the fuck is the difference from metalcore and metal?

cat

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

what the fuck is the difference from metalcore and metal?
metalcore is a subgenre of metal, which fuses both metal and hardcore punk. in the 90's metalcore started off with integrating thrash metal riffs in hardcore punk songs, in the 2000's metalcore sounded like melodic death metal but with breakdowns and guitar chugging with some occasional clean vocals, metalcore bands nowadays are how-low-can-we-possibly-downtune-our-guitars type of bands with linkin park choruses. extreme metallers don't like to view metalcore as a subgenre of metal because of the hardcore punk influences

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.