Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Gaming My Lovely Series General

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

(This is my first thread so cut me some slack.)
Welcome to the My lovely Series General, dear summoner...

Or just /MLS/ for short.

GHmG8ETawAAD-mp.jpeg
=================

What is "My lovely series"?

My lovely series is a Visual novel with various mechanics and dark themes in them.
But all of them have one similar theme... Grief of a loved one, and the lengths one would go through to bring them back.
--------------

WHERE TO START?
Any of them. The stories are not connected like that, so you really wouldn't miss out on much.
Games links below

My Lovely Daughter:

My Lovely Wife:

My Lovely Empress Demo:

Rules!
I'm not a big rules guy so I'll make it quick.

1. Obviously the rules of this site also follows here.
2. Try to stay in subject. I'm not too picky with this, as I know thing can get boring and/or slow. Just try not to derail it.
3. Just be a decent person and have fun.

Last edited:
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Never heard of or played them before, what makes them special from other VNs? Curious about the lore behind them.
I don't know what VN means and honestly, there's not much lore in the game. At least huge lore that connects to the other games. They're made by a very small indie company that made the game N.S.F.W (not a simulation for working) with youtubers like markiplier played (I think). Apparently the first game, My Lovely Daughter, was the game that saved the company, and now started a series about grieving stories as I said. Also, Manlybadasshero played the first game, so also that helped. MLD has you trying to resurrect your daughter and MLW has that but with your wife. The only different with those two is the mechanics and that MLW has good endings unlike the first game. But I think the first game is still going to get updates and new endings, and for me, that shows me a company that loves their games no matter old it gets. Personally, I just like them. There is this little charm that I like about them. MLW & MLW are very easy games, but the new one is going to be a lot harder though.

will end this with saying that it's very much a game for women, like me, and just not everyone's cup of tea.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I don't know what VN means and honestly, there's not much lore in the game. At least huge lore that connects to the other games. They're made by a very small indie company that made the game N.S.F.W (not a simulation for working) with youtubers like markiplier played (I think). Apparently the first game, My Lovely Daughter, was the game that saved the company, and now started a series about grieving stories as I said. Also, Manlybadasshero played the first game, so also that helped. MLD has you trying to resurrect your daughter and MLW has that but with your wife. The only different with those two is the mechanics and that MLW has good endings unlike the first game. But I think the first game is still going to get updates and new endings, and for me, that shows me a company that loves their games no matter old it gets. Personally, I just like them. There is this little charm that I like about them. MLW & MLW are very easy games, but the new one is going to be a lot harder though.

will end this with saying that it's very much a game for women, like me, and just not everyone's cup of tea.
VNs mean visual novels

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i am also surprised that we dont have a visual novel general to be honest. you would think with how many of our users like lain, anime content, and that type of content that it would have been made earlier.

someone should get on it tbh.

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i am also surprised that we dont have a visual novel general to be honest. you would think with how many of our users like lain, anime content, and that type of content that it would have been made earlier.

someone should get on it tbh.
Not gonna lie, but I'm not a big visual novel fan. At least with the very popular ones like Fate or something. I've been slowly trying to get into it, but I only play ones that peak my interest. Plus, the novels I played, like one's in this thread, are more gameplay/planning than clicking a button and occasional choice.

Last edited:

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Not gonna lie, but I'm not a big visual novel fan. At least with the very popular ones like Fate or something. I've been slowly trying to get into it, but I only play ones that peak my interest. Plus, the novels I played, like one's in this thread, are more gameplay/planning than clicking a button and occasional choice.
same here. never been too interested that much into visual novels, and stuff like fate is just a red flag for me. i know i dont like it and its certainly not for me.

now point and click adventures like Sam and Max? that's a different story

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

same here. never been too interested that much into visual novels, and stuff like fate is just a red flag for me. i know i dont like it and its certainly not for me.

now point and click adventures like Sam and Max? that's a different story
Just in case you or anyone else is interested or curious about the games listed above here the quickie.

My Lovely Daughter is mostly about math with bit of storytelling with unlocking your memory and more bad ends to the game. The game has no good endings, but I keep getting messages that more are coming soon. I don't know if that's a bug, but I hope they do have something planned.

My Lovely Wife is frankly less gameplay and more story, dating sim, and worldbuilding. Also, extremely easy. This one introduces good endings, more bad ending, and really get to know our characters. Unlike the first one, where you play as an anti-social narcissist.

My Lovely Empress is going to be better than the last two on the list. I've played the demo, and I can tell they really are putting everything into it, despite being such a small company. 3D models, events and choices that effect your play, and even more endings than before.

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I know nobody's here and where nowhere popular, but should I make a thread on 4chan trash for more attention? And will anyone join if I post a link?

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I know nobody's here and where nowhere popular, but should I make a thread on 4chan trash for more attention? And will anyone join if I post a link?
You can link the forum idm, just a matter if jannies catch you first and remove it before it gets any clicks.

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

You can link the forum idm, just a matter if jannies catch you first and remove it before it gets any clicks.
Alrighty, I might do that sooner or later. It mostly just a matter of if anyone gives a shit honestly on /trash/.

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I'm gonna make the thread around 12AM, as that seems to be the time both this site and 4chan is somewhat active. In the meantime, have this fanart mad by one of their artists. You can find it at @Gamechanger Studio on Twitter and Facebook. IMG_20231126_172649.jpg
Do please tell me if I should do it earlier as activity is pretty much random for both too. :seethe:

Last edited:

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I'm gonna make the thread around 12AM, as that seems to be the time both this site and 4chan is somewhat active. In the meantime, have this fanart mad by one of their artists. You can find it at @Gamechanger Studio on Twitter and Facebook. View attachment 6002
Do please tell me if I should do it earlier as activity is pretty much random for both too. :seethe:
I don't think the time really matters, thr 4chan ads run 24/7 anywho.
It's so over :seethe:. They don't care.
I'm sure they will come around

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I put it on /trash/ because /v/ on cares about popular games and controversy. /Trash/ seemed like a better place (and because no one's knows it yet) but they only want to jack it to the same shit. I've seen interesting threads barley get 50 messages because everyone to busy gooning.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I put it on /trash/ because /v/ on cares about popular games and controversy. /Trash/ seemed like a better place (and because no one's knows it yet) but they only want to jack it to the same shit. I've seen interesting threads barley get 50 messages because everyone to busy gooning.
/trash/ is somehow better moderated than the popular boards imo, and that's the funniest thing to me. also yeah trash is typically the place where furry and other nsfw stuff is posted on since the other red boards more often than not just outright ban those type of threads/posts/generals.

which is weird since ive seen vtubers being discussed outside of their own dedicated board, when clearly it should be in the trash section

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Thanks to me having to pay my cable bill late and having my internet be cut off, I couldn't be there for my thread, and it's gone.

But worry not. For I know sites just like 4chan where threads last a long time (I think). Don't know if I should do it but I hope at least you two and anyone ghost watching my thread actual be there if I post the link to it.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Thanks to me having to pay my cable bill late and having my internet be cut off, I couldn't be there for my thread, and it's gone.

But worry not. For I know sites just like 4chan where threads last a long time (I think). Don't know if I should do it but I hope at least you two and anyone ghost watching my thread actual be there if I post the link to it.
Sounds like a plan, I appreciate your efforts in helping share and grow this place, its very much appreciated.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.