Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Rant AI generated media - Raise of the mediocracy

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

It's been a bit over a year since public heard about AI and possible use cases for it. At first there was a hype for image generation: dalle and other similar web based image generation services. Later attention shifted towards chatgpt. One of the most disgusting displays of normies poking around with something beyond their understanding. After it came turn for voice generation. "President gaming" edits powered by elevenlabs took tik tok and other short media formats by storm.
"Ey bro look Trump and Obama are saying gamer words while rushing B site in CS:GO"
ehh...
Fortunately OpenAI (company behind GPT models) is doing its best to make it as unappealing to users. Untroducing payed tier, applying shit ton of model censoring and filters. Even their greatest model, gpt4 is way more stupid now in comparison to its release half a year ago.

But back to the topic. I want to focus on the image generation, as I think I have the most experience with it. There are couple of words that come up whenever talking about generated images:
1. Shit ton of details to the image
2. Overly saturated
3. Cross breading / riding the hype

Those are the main issues that I have with this field, let me explain

1.As we consume more and more media, we start to pay less attention to it. I think this is one quite good example
Deliberate 3.02 (1).jpeg
Cozy classroom and all... Until you actually pay any attention to it.
Notice chairs merged into the desks. The light that doesn't match with the windows on the right. Whatever is happening with the window on the left. I will go easy on the board / clock / items on the shelves. As the "powerful AI" always had issues with it.
>Bruh stop roasting your shitty renders
Sucks. This is a 2nd preview pic from a model with over 333k downloads https://civitai.com/models/4823/deliberate
Is it really that hard to google "Cozy Japanese classroom" ?
1695557913274.png
2. Saturation
This is actually something that can be avoided... If creator wants to do anything about it. But most decide to not and just autopilot it :monikashrug:
This issue is most visible with "realcartoon" and other models that try to merge realistic images of people with absurd colors and "fantasy elements". Gonna use Front promo image for "realcartoon3d V8" model. A god dam model with 46k downloads as of writing.
00021-3892638245.jpeg
I will keep my list of complaints brief, as this point is not supposed to be about image features, just general ramblings about unnecessary over-saturation.
1. black something hanging from the right ear. Also something similar not attached to ear hidden in her hair to the left
2. Double "top head"
Does it really has to be so saturated ? Thank god it's not an image of something / someone outside. Because then colors would be way off the charts.

3. Cross breading.
This is purely technical complain, so I will keep it brief.
Models are trained on images. Many thousands before desirable effect is achieved. And there's only said amount of good quality images on the internet. At some point AI generated images sneak into the training data. Making the "AI art" look even more generic.
1. Overly saturated colors
2. Absurd amount of details
I hope that you start to see my point. It tries to catch attention with colors and wow users with details. While failing to propely do either of them

Will there be another wave of AI generated content that normies will jump on ?
Yes. There's still video left. There's absurd amount of work being done to make it work. Fortunately it's far from "type what you want to see and wait 3 minutes". I had a go at it myself in May... Results were bad to say the least. I will be getting a new GPU next week. I might come back to this subject and post results if something acceptable comes from it. I also got quite out of the loop, so it might be a bit closer than I think

thanks for coming to my ted talk

Paei Kazy

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
paeikazy.neocities.org
LV

i fucking hate AI, ive hated it since the start of it, Uncle Ted was right about AI,
the main reason i hated it, not just because "Tech bad", no its because i saw it for what it was, something to replace human creativity and ingenuity,

a While ago leftists believed that in the future humans would be left to do Human things like art, music, things like that, but when AI rolled in suddenly now humans do all the physical labor and were all mindless drones to AI,
ai isnt even that good, yet normies buy into that slop SLOP! MIND SLOP!, they cannot tell the difference, and as youve said "the more content you consume the harder it is to notice the finer details"
I see AI generated websites which lack the humanity, and AI generated games which are really gay tbh,

HUMANS FOR HUMANS!!!! DOWN WITH MACHINES!!!!

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

i fucking hate AI, ive hated it since the start of it, Uncle Ted was right about AI,
the main reason i hated it, not just because "Tech bad", no its because i saw it for what it was, something to replace human creativity and ingenuity,

a While ago leftists believed that in the future humans would be left to do Human things like art, music, things like that, but when AI rolled in suddenly now humans do all the physical labor and were all mindless drones to AI,
ai isnt even that good, yet normies buy into that slop SLOP! MIND SLOP!, they cannot tell the difference, and as youve said "the more content you consume the harder it is to notice the finer details"
I see AI generated websites which lack the humanity, and AI generated games which are really gay tbh,

HUMANS FOR HUMANS!!!! DOWN WITH MACHINES!!!!
*thread revive*

I can't agree more. I don't mind this "ow people won't have to do manual labor and will be able to focus on art and creative work" bs, becaause it kinda happened. People are not wasting their time on creating summaries, reading into changelogs or doing translations (in some places google translate /deepL is not enough).

But the media... I don't think it's ever been so over.
It's gotten way better, free and decent services are popping up left and right. Also, I think it's been a while since I saw seriously screwed up image. Sure you can nitpick at details, but people just don't do it. It even became a game between me and my frens to "Spot the AI". This shit is getting difficult...
Text is getting smarter, but not better. There are still shivers, ministrations and other catch phrases that plague text gen.

I don't mind the "AI girlfriend" thing. Poeple are lonely and horny. Even if you find someone that wants to play along, you have to coordinate and adjust. With AI you can "get going" anytime you want with pretty much any fantasy / kink you have. Story won't be so good / detailed like with a human, but once horny I don't think anyone cares about it too much.

Future is not looking bright bros. Global acceptance of AI media really put us closer to the podmaxing and peak mindless media consumption.

Don't get me started on the faggotery that AI media has created. Please, just don't

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.