Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Serious Lofi girl left her desk !!!!

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

This is not a drill!
image.png

In all seriousness, is it just me or does it just not feel the same after that corporate takeover? Sure, the music hasn't changed much, but the self-awareness, creating animated shorts with lore, merch, starting a second channel, and now this "event". I feel like lofi girl has lost that "she's just like me fr fr" element. A student doing her assignments and such.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

This is not a drill!
View attachment 4650

In all seriousness, is it just me or does it just not feel the same after that corporate takeover? Sure, the music hasn't changed much, but the self-awareness, creating animated shorts with lore, merch, starting a second channel, and now this "event". I feel like lofi girl has lost that "she's just like me fr fr" element. A student doing her assignments and such.
Hasn't this happened before? I know they cried one time or something.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

since when was there a corporate takeover?
how much lofi hiphop girl lore did i miss?
>unironically looking up lofi hip hop stream lore
Looks like it was run by a label all this time. Between 2017 - 2021 channel name was "chilledcow" and lofi girl was just one of their streams. From 2021 they fully embraced her and dropped pretty much every other project.
So... there was no corporate takeover misinformation spread sucessfully . It's just that from late 2021 everything revolves around her. Channel content, merch, events etc. Sorz, but I'm not really vibing with it
Whole wiki about her https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lofi_Girl

Also. Fuck how it got drama prefix. Pretty please change it to serious

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Event happened, phew. After 2 cringe "chat votes to decide the outcome" events it moved to the announcement. It's just more live streams with music that they brand with "lofi" tag. Anyone up for setting up a "hifi" music stream as an alternative ? 1708975470340.png

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Event happened, phew. After 2 cringe "chat votes to decide the outcome" events it moved to the announcement. It's just more live streams with music that they brand with "lofi" tag. Anyone up for setting up a "hifi" music stream as an alternative ?View attachment 4669
>announcement is just them making 2 new livestreams
>its just basic piano and "dark" ambience
>all of this hype and buildup is just for a livestream

KWAB

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i hate lofi music. its fucking boring, uneventful, and it is a drag to listen to. WOW, A MELODIC PIANO BEAT WITH BASIC FL STUDIO SNARES AND CLAPS WOW IM SO AMAZED AND CHILLING TO THIS BEAT YALL ITS SO GOOOOD.

i know ironic coming from a guy who listens to breakcore, dnb, etc, but lofi is just so fucking BORING. IT SUCKS DICK.

I HATE IT

Attachments

• ALL SMILES.png
    ALL SMILES.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

i hate lofi music. its fucking boring, uneventful, and it is a drag to listen to. WOW, A MELODIC PIANO BEAT WITH BASIC FL STUDIO SNARES AND CLAPS WOW IM SO AMAZED AND CHILLING TO THIS BEAT YALL ITS SO GOOOOD.

i know ironic coming from a guy who listens to breakcore, dnb, etc, but lofi is just so fucking BORING. IT SUCKS DICK.

I HATE IT
average breakcore fan when beat drops below 200 bpm and there's no amen break

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.