Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

High IQ Chapter 1. Of love and affection

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Many of you know that love is important, but that we are alienated from our mother culture and here we are alienated from one another, but what if we learned from the animals which we both love and despise? Here is the heart of the matter, when a chimpanzee approaches another member of his kind (say a female) they have been know to kiss one another's hand, to kiss on the lips, so what can we learn from this? We can learn to do the same, but via a symbolic, picture, or written like (gesture), we use emoji's to convey this all the time.

I propose we build our own tradition, our own means of genuine love, care and affection, I care not for the homosexual, lesbian or transvestite, but so long as they adhere to the cultural norms and bow their heads as you might do to me, then all is fair. How might we go on about this exactly? For starters, a long time ago, when I was new here someone made it clear that everyone was afraid to post a reaction emoji to commits, that is one way here in which users when they love something someone posted they post the following symbol :love: to convey they love what you posted or that they like you; we ought to be more vocal in the sense that we ought to be straight forward of what we feel towards one another, how we do it may be just simply saying "I like you" or "I appreciate your presence", simple yes but shows a great deal of affection, but why does that matter exactly? The reason is to compel the other to feel a bond with the other, for example if there was no word for "a jannie" then a friend would be treated alike, but because there is an established hierarchy, people dare not post or say something to him ":sneaky:" as they would another user.

The what- we should create our own means of sharing affection
The why- to create a bond between users
The how- by use of pictures, direct words, gif giving of some kind.

How I go on about this myself is simple, I post cat gifs, and why is that? Because animals of a cute variety bring us to a common ground; don't like cats because the Chinese restaurants cook them with their feet? Okay! How about dogs? Yes? Awesome! So we post gifs of a certain kind to show a love or affection towards one another; has the day gone sour for you? Have a cat hugging another cat gif or a picture of anime girls hugging, something which shows that the person sending it "cares".

So how do I show my love and affection?
Cat gifs, saying kind things, making religious references of prayer, listening to your woes, giving a reaction.

Here is are some questions for you before we end this chapter.

1.1 How do you show love and affection?
1.2 If you find it hard to do so, how would you let the other know you want their affection?
1.3 How do you want to be treated as a human being?

1.4 How do you define trust?
1.5 What is one moment in your life where you felt someone understood you?
1.6 Have you ever caused another human being psycho-social stress?

(old post from an old forum)

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.